Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clara's Mini Apple Pie

This morning, I wanted apple pie.  I learned to make apple pies this summer from my Gramma Dorth.  I love my Gramma and she bakes lemon meringue pie, apple pie, and any pie you could think of.
Peel, core and chop 3 apples. Place in a medium size bowl.  Add 2 Tbsp sugar, 1tsp cinnamon, a few grates of a nutmeg,    2 tsp lemon juice. Stir.
Place apples in a small, round oven proof dish.
In another bowl, stir together 1/4C flour, a few more grinds of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Cream together 1 Tbsp Butter, 1/4C sugar and 1/2 a beaten egg in a small bowl.
Mix wet with dry.

Pour dough over the top of apples. Bake 25-30mins at 350*.  Until apples are soft and crust is light brown.
This should feed 1 very hungry person (me) or 3 people willing to eat less.
This pie is not for sale.

9 comments:

  1. that looks delicious! uncle mark loves when i make that pie because it is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia- Thanks for saying that. We love it too. Im eating it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara, thanks for making this. I love it. I think it's even better than regular apple pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save some for me Clara:) Your pie looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's already Gone! but i'll make some more and give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But i dont think i'll make a mini one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are continuing in the steps of some mighty fine pie makers

    ReplyDelete